In accordance with the provisions of Annex 4 to the Provisions on Prevention, Elimination and Investigation of Industrial Accidents approved by the Resolution No. 517 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania of 27 May 2015, we hereby provide the updated information on the Asset Management Service Centre, Service Facilities Management Division, Fuel Terminal Management Group, Radviliškis Fuel Terminal of AB Lietuvos geležinkeliai:
- Operator: AB Lietuvos geležinkeliai Asset Management Service Centre, Service Facilities Management Division, Fuel Terminal Management Group, Radviliškis Fuel Terminal (hereinafter referred to as Radviliškis Fuel Terminal), S.Daukanto g. 63, Radviliškis, e-mail: [email protected].
- The Provisions on Prevention, Elimination and Investigation of Industrial Accidents (lower tier requirements) apply to the Radviliškis Fuel Terminal. In accordance with the requirements of the provisions, a notification of the hazardous object has been submitted to the Fire and Rescue Department.
- The Radviliškis Fuel Terminal offers petroleum product trading, storage of petroleum products, and refuelling of railway rolling stock, cars and other machinery.
The Radviliškis Fuel Terminal operates two 1,600 m3 and one 700 m3 diesel tanks, for a total of 3,900 m3. All tanks are above-ground, stationary, vertical. The average annual volume of diesel stored at the Radviliškis Fuel Terminal is 1400 m3.
Hazardous substance – diesel fuel, UN number 1202, CAS number 68334-30-5, hazard class III.
Designation according to the classification of hazardous substances:
H226 – flammable liquids and vapours;
H332 – harmful if inhaled;
H315 – irritating to the skin;
H304 – if swallowed and inhaled, may cause death;
H351 – believed to cause cancer;
H411 – toxic to aquatic organisms, causing long-term effects.
Other hazards: diesel vapours are irritating to the respiratory system, inhalation of large quantities of diesel vapours may cause chemical poisoning.
Main symptoms and effects: inhalation of high concentrations of fumes, mists or vapours may cause respiratory tract irritation. In contact with the skin, redness and irritation. For minor thermal burns, the wound has to be cooled and the burn should be kept under cold running water for at least five minutes until the pain subsides.
Specific hazards: if tanks or containers of diesel fuel are exposed to fire, there is a risk of explosion and fire due to increased pressure inside the containers. The mixture of hydrocarbon vapours and air produced by the spilling of diesel fuel can explode or ignite from sparks or hot surfaces.
- In the event of an industrial accident at the Radviliškis Fuel Terminal, employees of the terminal, public authorities and institutions are informed by all available means of communication (fixed and mobile). In the event of a need to evacuate employees and residents of surrounding facilities from the hazardous area, the emergency public address system at the Radviliškis railway station can be used to transmit information.
Pursuant to the provisions of point 8 of the description of the procedure for exchange of information on an event, emergency event or an emergency situation and provision of data on the consequences of an emergency situation, approved by the Order No 1V-1021 of the Minister of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania of 6 October 2020, in the event of an industrial accident, threatened emergency event or an emergency situation, AB Lietuvos geležinkeliai shall provide the Fire and Rescue Department with information. The Fire and Rescue Department passes on the summarised information to the responsible authorities and bodies concerned.
- Comprehensive inspections of the Radviliškis Fuel Terminal shall be carried out every three years in accordance with the schedule of inspections of hazardous facilities approved by the Director of the Fire and Rescue Department and published on the Department’s website https://pagd.lrv.lt/lt/administracine-informacija/ukio-subjektu-prieziura-1/ukio-subjektu-patikrinimo-metiniai-planai. For more information about the Radviliškis Fuel Terminal, please contact the Fire and Rescue Department.